The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. -Tom Clancy

Friday, March 2, 2012

Haunted

This post is about my dog, Pip. I just gave him a bath, and the entire time- counting drying him off and brushing him out- he was shaking and whimpering. It was a mix between pathetic and adorable. Afterwards, he wouldn't look at me for at least twenty minutes (which is about two hours in dog time). When I tried to brush his fur out a little more, he tried to bite the comb- something I don't advise- and growled at me. At last he allowed me to hold him, and he was still shaking, almost saying, "That was horrible. I really hate you."

For those of you who want this post to have something other than droning on and on about my dog, I'll talk about horrifying experiences. So it ties in to the subject. Kind of. Anyway, everyone has a handful of memories that they will always be haunted by. My earliest "bad" memory was jumping off my parents' bed at five years old and hitting the laundry basket and ending up with a bleeding them. Another vivid one is rolling off of the bunk bed and practically knocking out my two front teeth when I was eight. Pip's newest hardship will be sitting on the counter while I attempted to brush out his fur. Everyone has them. You can interpret this three ways: to be corny, do No. 1: Nobody is perfect. To be a little odd, say No. 2: Whoops, spam! Wrong website! Or No. 3: Well, duh. I just got a writing lesson from her dog.

On a random note, for anyone that wants some unique music this morning, I recommend something by Jon Scmidt. This is one of my favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgovv8jWETM&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Have a good weekend!

Kirah

2 comments:

  1. I have vivid "Bad" memories, bu I like yours better so I'm not sharing mine. IO love that song-obviously, Jon shmidt is awesome- and I like option 3. I got a writing lesson from your dog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian has fallen in love with Peponi, and I have to be careful when I play it or I have to stop what I'm doing and let him watch it! :)

    ReplyDelete