The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. -Tom Clancy

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Perfect

This is a poem I wrote a little while ago. Hope you enjoy it!


Perfect

How could someone be perfect?
How does one join this special sect?
Imperfection is easier
Red eyes and ruddy cheeks and tears
That's what imperfection is

Perfect people never stumble
While speaking they never mumble
Maybe if I never speak at all
And stay as silent as a doll
Maybe I'll be close to perfect

Flawless ones never think badly
Of those who act quite madly
Maybe should I cease my thoughts
Anger would be rare- patience bought
Maybe I'll be close to perfect

Perfect people don't waste motion
Upon small problems or notions
So should I case to move today,
I'd sit perfectly still, they'd say
"That girl is close to perfect"

Should they build a statue of me
Standing still in serenity
Remaining high above the rest
Challenging time to its test
Maybe that statue would be perfect
But I certainly wouldn't be

1 comment:

  1. I love it sis. But one major problem: you are perfect. Or as perfect anyone can get while on earth.

    ReplyDelete