The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. -Tom Clancy

Monday, February 27, 2012

An Outlet

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child. -Brandon Sanderson

How do others get their emotions out?

I'm just saying that because I feel like sometimes the entire world spins around me- no one really noticing or caring; while I want to explode from all the feelings that want to push out. The thing is, a lot of the world puts emphasis on not having emotions: if you skip, you're immature; running is overeager; saying you need help makes you stupid or a wimp; expressing the anger you feel means that you can't control yourself; you can only cry if you're a girl and if something horrible has happened; and you always need to explain yourself and make perfect sense. Obviously, reality's expectations are built entirely on idealisms. Because here's the fact: we are human. And humans have emotions. If I yelled and screamed every time I felt angry, you would think I always felt angry. Which can be true. A lot.

Oh, did I tell you that I get my emotions out through writing? Speaking is my filter between emotions and logic. Followers beware!

Kirah

2 comments:

  1. By the way, sorry that this isn't about writing... I think we'll have a few post like this every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to be there for you....even if you need to call me again and we can have a crying fest. ;) You'd probably just have to hear a "Little" about my problems too...

    ReplyDelete