The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. -Tom Clancy

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Worldbuilding

 "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people that are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." -Albert Einstein

Whenever I first heard of worldbuilding, I imagined building a city layer by layer, bit by bit, until it stands upright over the rest of the world. I love fake worlds that feel authentic. It takes a considerable amount of skill, but it pays off.

I was going to go into a big speech about it, but I found a link about worldbuilding that says it a lot better than I could have:

http://www.sfwriterstoolkit.com/worldbuilding/

Tell me if it helps!

Kirah

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting link! I don't have to do much world building for my novel, but I do lots of research. I've had to research everything from rooms in the White House to the D.C. subway system.

    ReplyDelete