The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. -Tom Clancy

Thursday, April 26, 2012

School


This is another poem I wrote. Hope you enjoy it!'



Oh school, I owe you so much

For destroying my imagination

For telling me I can excel

In the subjects you tell me to

I must not excel in laughter or jokes

And forget about friends!



Creativity?

Fun?



Well, does it help your math skills?



I must swallow the information

I’ve been given whole

Write stanzas, learn the classics

Write like Tolkien if you wish

But keep it three to five pages

And never

Write like yourself



Voice?

In writing?

All right, but get to the point

And don’t let too much of yourself

Shine through



Don’t express yourself

Don’t defend yourself

It makes us think, and who wants that?



You’ll leave this school

Bleached, neatly dressed

Dripping with information

Stamped with the school logo

Packaged and marked for college



And don’t ask why

Because the teacher is always right

1 comment: